Sunday, January 4, 2009

Got my new calendar and I'm working on the future

hee. I like titling these things. It's so easy to say something insanely cheesy. And no I didn't mean to rhyme. :) See what I mean!? I have done my email sweep for the night and I am feeling good.

I am continuing a little thing I started last year but I'm being a little more vigilant now. Someone was telling me about the "2 minute" rule. I think they got it from Lifehacker and the basic thing is if it takes less than 2 minutes, just do it now. So whenever I need to move something or throw something out or whatever, if it takes less than 2 minutes I just do it right THEN. It seems like such a little thing but you would be amazed at what you can do in 2 minutes. Load or unload the washer/dryer. Clean off the kitchen counter. Wipe down the bathroom. Straighten up the living room.

If you, like me, find clutter CRAZY MAKING then you should try this. It really does make a difference in your day to day life. Making other people follow it is REALLY DIFFICULT, just like "making" people do anything. But it is worth your while to at least throw it out there for people, to make them think about all the things you do in a day that if you just did them right NOW it would make your life easier. Really! Try it today!!

Or just pat your type A friend/spouse/crazy next door neighbor on the head and tell them you'll think about it. :)

*still no mail here!

No comments: