The Cult of Done Manifesto
1. There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
2. Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
3. There is no editing stage.
4. Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
5. Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
6. The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
7. Once you're done you can throw it away.
8. Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done.
9. People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
10. Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
11. Destruction is a variant of done.
12. If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
13. Done is the engine of more.
Yeah that's what I mean.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
The Cult of Done Manifesto
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Whew. Finally got my inbox back down to nothing tonight. It was TOUGH. I've been wrangling with it for at least 2 weeks now and I was so surprised when I hit send and archive and was presented with "you have no new mail"! I'm going to continue to keep up with it to the best of my ability. I have been managing my time better at work and at home so maybe we're finally getting into a groove.
In other news I have NOT BEEN ABLE TO SHAKE THIS COLD. ergh. It's bugging me. I went to bed last night at 7:30 right after we put my daughter to bed. But I did not sleep super well. It took me forever to go to sleep and then in the early morning I woke up and did not ever go completely back to sleep. If I could breathe I'm sure all this stuff would be much easier. :)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Coca Cola is my vice. I started at an early age. So early I can't remember when I had my first sip. I gave it up for Lent one year and it was harder than when I quit biting my cuticles. I figure it may hop me up on caffeine and sugar but I could be drinking a martini everyday and this might be slightly better than that. I might quit if somehow it was actually killing me. Sadly you should notice that I said "might".Read more...
Posted by naginata at 3:06 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009
My Bad Ass friend Caro
She's an awesome person to have in your corner. 1 part great friend, 1 part ass kicking gotcha back girl.
Posted by naginata at 7:01 PM
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
It was wonderful to watch the inauguration today and listen to President Obama's words and know that we the people can do so much.
Blessings to the people in our government to be able to go forward and work hard. Keep working everyone. The hard work is yet to come and we can do it. Yes we can.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Chills? check Slight fever? check Body feels like someone ran over me with a truck? check
Got the mail back down to 2 in the mailbox today. I'm heading to bed with those left in. They are both things that have to be followed up on and I haven't found a good way to put them somewhere else that I can see them so I remember to follow up. Does that make sense? If not blame the cold. Also the 2 things are ongoing/future things I need to do so it makes sense not to archive them yet. Right? Or just a lame attempt at rationalization?
Gah. We are moving forward on the goals and that's all I can ask for now. In bed with a hot water bottle is where I'll be for the next 24 hours.