Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Count down to Mayday

Over at our brother blog, Budget Ronin, there is a great explanation of our purpose. Here's a snippit:
"So there it is. My five minute manifesto. I'm cutting myself free from all my bad purchasing habits and putting them at arm's length for a year. This is where the wandering begins."

Mainly that personal spending for this year (May 1, 2007 - May 1, 2008) is quietly being eliminated. Well not really quietly, hence this blog and the OTHER blog.
This will be my space to vent and cry and moan and hopefully GROW and find the pleasure in smaller things. I don't think this will be hideous but I think it will be very hard. I also think it's a mindset adjustment instead of a real behavior change. Or maybe both. Who knows? (I must say I can hear you laughing from here T. :P )
Hopefully you will find the differences in our approach to this challenge entertaining!
Hmmm....I better order some stuff online before next Tuesday....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, here's an idea that may help you keep from going crazy and will definitely entertain me. How about budgeting $10 or $15 a week each that you can spend on anything you like, and reporting it on the blog? That way you'd be much less likely to cheat or quit (like I would do in a heartbeat), and we'd all get to see what you'd take to the proverbial deserted island.

LotusKnits said...

Wait wait wait...so no more yarn?! But woman can not live on sticks and noodles alone!

Kidding of course, sort of. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I didn't see an email addy for you, but I'm only selling the yarn from my site for now, but it would be really cool to get some at Knitch!

I'm not sure if you're reading budgety type blogs, but this one is a favorite of mine: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/

and this one too: http://zenhabits.net/

Good luck with your pursuit!